• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch I made a Trailer for a upcoming short I'm doing, can you guess what is going to happen?

I see you have the ability to do some VFX. I'd suggest treating the blue pistols as VFX shots. There's a great book called "The DV Rebel's Guide". There's a chapter where the author filmed his buddy running around San Francisco with a green plastic pistol. He brought the shots into After Effects and color corrects the green to be gray. I grabbed a still from your trailer and tried the same thing:

Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 3.57.16 PM.png

It's not perfect, but if you don't have access to realistic props, it looks better than blue pistols (unless that's supposed to be a key part to the story). I live in Montana, USA, and we love our guns, so figured I'd submit this to you.

Good luck on the short! Looking forward to seeing it!

I see you have the ability to do some VFX. I'd suggest treating the blue pistols as VFX shots. There's a great book called "The DV Rebel's Guide". There's a chapter where the author filmed his buddy running around San Francisco with a green plastic pistol. He brought the shots into After Effects and color corrects the green to be gray. I grabbed a still from your trailer and tried the same thing:

Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 3.57.16 PM.png

It's not perfect, but if you don't have access to realistic props, it looks better than blue pistols (unless that's supposed to be a key part to the story). I live in Montana, USA, and we love our guns, so figured I'd submit this to you.

Good luck on the short! Looking forward to seeing it!
Omggg that’s amazing, I do this as a course at my college in the uk, and this is going to go into a festival this might be a good thing to do before submitting it, thanks for your feedback Chris I’m going to give that book a go.

Also thanks for pointing out my vfx ability nobody ever does 😂:)

Back