• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

I have run out of ideas on this section of my plot.

I know I can't give away much or explain everything but here goes for this part of the story. A woman is framed for murder, with the cops after her, as well as other villains, who framed her. She needs to get her hands on a "macguffin" that will help prove her innocence. The macguffin being some sort of physical piece of evidence, or something like that. The villains want to get to it before she does, so they cannot be proven that they are the bad guys. Yes I know it's a cliche, but it's only an 8th of the plot and it's there to bring the more original plots together.

The thing is, is that I cannot think of a macguffin that would work. It would have to be something that she would think of to go after, but the police would completely overlook in the investigation, before starting a manhunt on her. It also has to be something that she has to get herself, rather than informing the police to go get it for the case.

And it would have be something that the villains would know she wants to acquire as proof, and know where to go to intercept her before she gets to it. It can't be a recording or anything like that because the villains are no stupid enough to have a recording, that she would know to get her hands on. Plus the villains have no reason to record themselves anyway. So with that much information, does anybody have any suggestions of macguffins that would work? Thanks.

Last edited:
What if she noticed someone in the bg innocently videoing - captured the actual murders.

Now what if that person was a tourist and she noted the tour company. The bus left - all hell breaks loose.

So why can't she tell the police... she wants too BUT maybe she recognizes one of the detectives as the killers... done before - you betchaa! BUT thats what mcguffins are 99.9% of the time - good luck, JIm.

I'll come up with a reason for her to acquire the evidence herself, but she will still have to take it to them eventually to clear herself. However even if she noticed something in the tape the police did not, the police would already have the tape, so that would still result in her having to call them about it, rather than going to get it herself.

Well I have made it so I can go with that breaking into the bank idea. Thanks. However is it believable that a woman or any person would break into a bank, at night, by themselves? Successfully too?

Back