• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Human Powered Vehicles aerial footage

Your aerial footage is coming along nicely. The Tarot gimbal looks like it works real well. I've been thinking of picking up a Phantom, with the Zenmuse gopro gimbal. I like the Hero 3 black editions. Shoots 2.7k, which would be a good resolution for correcting the fisheye effect on the footage.

Great video!

Thanks. Zenmuse is pricey and it seems a small percentage of them have overheating issues, but besides that it seems like a decent gimbal from what I'd say.

The Phantom has almost halfed price at the moment, as they announced they are bringing a new version out in December, just in case you weren't aware :)

This was shot at 1080 50fps pro tune on with auto white balance. Exported at 720p though. I really need to learn how to grade footage then ill be extremely impressed with my results.

Just spent the last hour checking out the Tarot Gimbal. That's really nice. I have a DJI F550, but just ordered an F450 frame kit, to convert it to a quadopter. Think I'm going to pick up that tarot gimbal. Looks simple enough to get together and almost seems plug and play.

Last edited:
Just spent the last hour checking out the Tarot Gimbal. That's really nice. I have a DJI F550, but just ordered an F450 frame kit, to convert it to a quadopter. Think I'm going to pick up that tarot gimbal. Looks simple enough to get together and almost seems plug and play.

I don't know much about the 450 or 550 but I thought that buying a Phantom would be a downgrade in your case?

FYI get 8min stretched flight time with the gopro + tarot compared to the ~14min out of the box

I don't know much about the 450 or 550 but I thought that buying a Phantom would be a downgrade in your case?

FYI get 8min stretched flight time with the gopro + tarot compared to the ~14min out of the box

Well, spent this week working out the kinks in my F550. The kit I bought was junk. Long story short, dji ended up replacing my naza, but that's it. I bought my kit in August of last year (13 months ago). Ended up having to replace all 6 motors, and one of the esc. Sat for a year (due to being mad at dji and my work schedule. Replaced the last motor this week, loaded the naza v2 firmware. She's flying like a champ. Ordering the gopro hero 3 black edition this weekend, and the tarot gimbal next week. Also going to add a video to to download the feed and help line up shots.

When you fly, are you flying in normal orientation, or using the IOC? Going to practice flying normal from this point out. Did you have to do any fine tuning of the gimbal? Did you hook up the tilt, so you can adjust from you receiver? What frame rate are you filming in? I'm going to see how the 2.7k footage looks, because I like to straighten the fisheye effect in AE, and having 2.7k will make cropping down a lot better.

Thanks for the inspiration. Looking forward to posting some footage of my own.

Jeff

It seems with DJI there's a small element of luck whether or not you end up with a bad unit or not unfortunately :/

I fly a combination of normal orientation and of course lock in the cases where I want to do a rotation at the same time.

I haven't done any fine tuning, in fact we haven't been able to connect it to the computer just yet, possibly driver issues, not sure, it works fine without connecting it. I have changed the tilt limit inside the NAZA side of the gimbal control so that it doesn't tilt too high or low. So yes tilt control is hooked up, though we haven't done a lot of in filming tilting, only minor adjustments between shots as it is hard to do without fpv.

Depends really. Lately (and in this video) I've been shooting 1080p 50fps with protune on. Protune with 2.7k can look good but I personally don't know how to deal with it I'm post as far as sharpening it and grading it. I'm hoping to learn that soon.

Back