• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

How would I fix this brightness flaw?

In my short film at the beginning you see the one guy get hit with the phone, and land on the other guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbGUknEkg5Q&feature=plcp

It's 11 seconds in where he falls on the other guy. Then 21 seconds in they get back up. The first one is a lot darker than the second. In the first you can hardly see what happens, especially when blown up on an HDTV. I want to send DVDs of the short to all the actors but want to fix this flaw first to make an impression. I've tried it on 2 bigger TVs now, and can't see anything. So in order to see it one solution is to brighten the contrast. I've tried everything else I could find but this is the best one.

The contrast you can see the one guy hit the other, the only problem is is that it's foggy looking. Some people with connections said they wanted to see the finished film, after two of my actors spread the word. This could make a good impression but is it okay to make the whole movie foggy looking? I would have to do it the whole movie or the corrected shot won't match the rest. Thanks.

Okay thanks my friend said that the first one on the new links was the best. Everyone says something different. Why is the second one the best? I could still use the first one, it's just it's pitch black darkness, and then a few shots later, when he gets up, you can see, so I'm worried of a mismatch.

Back