How to check bitrate of a video? (5d mark ii + magic lantern 2.3)

I am taking video on my 5d mark ii using the new magic lantern 2.3. I am using the feature that lets you increase the bitrate of the video. I want to verify that the bitrate is being increased, but am not sure how to check the video files to see what their bitrate is. Is there a way to do this in Premiere Pro or any of the Adobe programs? I am using a MAC.

I tried viewing them in iTunes, and there are two fields called bitrate and total bitrate. The bitrate field says 1500 kbps and the total bitrate field says 34364 kbps. I recorded the videos at 3x the bitrate using the CBR setting with magic lantern. Don't both these values seem to be too low?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

also,
Splash Player gives a number during playback..

you should keep in mind that the bitrate is dependent on material being filmed.. thats what AVHCD is, less complexity less compression, lower bitrate.. so you need really complex images to trigger the higher bitrates..

Thanks

The troulbe with the PPro info is that it must be some kinda of average, as AVHCD is variable bit rate by definition.. at leat splash player light (and I think VNC player as well as Quicktime) will show you the CURRENT bitrate during playback..

Back