How much can I charge?

So, I'm at the stage where I just pitched for two music vids against 'competitors' and won them both. These are the first pitches this year, literally the only pitches I've put forward this year and I'm not competing on price, rather I seem to be at a higher price than anyone else.

Purely in terms of money, I am charging around $300 USD per day for my time (shoot or edit) if the vid is purely 'commercial' but if there is something that will take more time but I really, really want to do it, I will charge a minimum of $800 USD. Please note this excludes all the usual costs (location, food, actors etc...) which the artist has to pay on top.

In addition, if further edits are needed, this is charged at $180 USD per day.

What are you charging and how high can I go? How high do you go?

Well,basically its all depends on the area you work in.In my area , we won't charge by the hour. So far i put my service to my client depending on the length and various effects they need on there video.I have seen people globally charge about $30-125 an hour.That's all depends on how wealthy the clients and the stuff they are making.

Only you can find out how much you can charge.
Charge too much (in the opinion of the client) and you don't get the job.
Charge too little and you will be out of business after a while despite being swamped in work.
You will have to know your cost of doing business:
http://blog.vincentlaforet.com/2013/08/01/how-to-succeed-as-a-creative-long-term-know-your-c-o-d-b/

Here in The Netherlands I have seen hourly rates vary between €35,- and €100,-
On the every level some just produce crap and overcharge while others deliver quality that is worth more than charged.

Knowing what you'd like to charge and knowing who you want as a client can give you a clear direction of the skills you want to develop and what audience you need to target.

I've met potential clients who think I'm way too expensive, while others were surprise in a positive way about the cost.

Only you can find out how much you can charge.
Charge too much (in the opinion of the client) and you don't get the job.
Charge too little and you will be out of business after a while despite being swamped in work.
You will have to know your cost of doing business:
http://blog.vincentlaforet.com/2013/08/01/how-to-succeed-as-a-creative-long-term-know-your-c-o-d-b/

Here in The Netherlands I have seen hourly rates vary between €35,- and €100,-
On the every level some just produce crap and overcharge while others deliver quality that is worth more than charged.

Knowing what you'd like to charge and knowing who you want as a client can give you a clear direction of the skills you want to develop and what audience you need to target.

I've met potential clients who think I'm way too expensive, while others were surprise in a positive way about the cost.

Thanks for this post. That C.O.D.B. post definitely helps.

Back