industry How do I get listed on IMDB?

I'm in the final stage of editing my short film and I would like to it on IMBD. Has anyone here done it before and would like to show me how it's done? I learned from the IMBD website that you can get listed while your film is still in production but you need to show them "strong evidence to support the fact that those exceptions will in fact be released to the public in order to list them." I'm not sure what evidence they are looking for.

If you're planning a festival run for your short, you can make it private on YouTube. That way you establish its existence to IMDb without potentially interfering with a festival run.

Getting yourself listed on IMDB was the hardest part if I recall. Once you're in the system, it's easy for anyone to add credits to your name, or to list a film that's in development.

Getting yourself listed on IMDB was the hardest part if I recall. Once you're in the system, it's easy for anyone to add credits to your name, or to list a film that's in development.
I added actors that had never been listed on IMDB. It was easy to enter them into the system.

I've been adding things on IMDb since I produced my first short in 2007. In my opinion, it's gotten MUCH easier over the past few years - it used to be nearly impossible (in my experience) without being able to show that your movie had been accepted to a film festival. That, in turn, pretty much required going through the now defunct Without A Box submission system, which was long owned by IMDb.

Without A Box was pushed out of business by the superior Film Freeway. Amazon owns IMDb and recognizes (I think) that it's essentially a marketing tool. That's why they've made it easier to get a movie listed.

I've been adding things on IMDb since I produced my first short in 2007. In my opinion, it's gotten MUCH easier over the past few years - it used to be nearly impossible (in my experience) without being able to show that your movie had been accepted to a film festival. That, in turn, pretty much required going through the now defunct Without A Box submission system, which was long owned by IMDb.

Without A Box was pushed out of business by the superior Film Freeway. Amazon owns IMDb and recognizes (I think) that it's essentially a marketing tool. That's why they've made it easier to get a movie listed.
I submitted my short film to IMDB with a YouTube link. I hope they will accept it. Thank you for your help.

I added actors that had never been listed on IMDB. It was easy to enter them into the system.
Were they a part of your own films? That part is easy. I just remember that for me (back in 2010), I had submit my film, add myself, and wait for two weeks for it all to get approved. I think there were some other hoops I had to jump through too. But once you're in the system, it is pretty easy to add new people and films, even if they're in development.

Were they a part of your own films? That part is easy. I just remember that for me (back in 2010), I had submit my film, add myself, and wait for two weeks for it all to get approved. I think there were some other hoops I had to jump through too. But once you're in the system, it is pretty easy to add new people and films, even if they're in development.
Everything you and Mara are saying lines up with how easy it was for me.
I was already in the system from a 2006 documentary.

Back