• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

How can I fix this shot?

http://youtu.be/tlU6hm0IQpQ

For my short film, as you can see the lighting does not match in the shots, so I have come up with something to make it all match. This stairwell kept changing during shooting, as we moved lights around, and this is just one example. Any ideas? I tried using curves a lot, but haven't been able to come up with enough of a match.

Okay. I just want to make it as good as I can since some producers who have produced features before, said they wanted to see it, so I wanted to make it as good as possible of course. Next time I might also put glaze on the knife as well if that helps. And next time I will not move any of the lights. Even if the actors eyes cannot be scene at all in the shot, it's probably better than lighting continuity errors.

Okay. I just want to make it as good as I can since some producers who have produced features before, said they wanted to see it, so I wanted to make it as good as possible of course.

If they're true producers, they will know that the lighting is not the job of the director. They won't think less of your directorial abilities because of it. Maybe your DP won't get any work from this short, but if your choice of shots, angles, and cuts are good, a producer will see this.

Stop obsessing! Finish the project!

Back