• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch HOUSES "REDS" MUSIC VIDEO

HOUSES "REDS"

Ice sculptures were made using a series of handmade clay molds.
Soldering irons were used for details.
Lighting was solely provided by T.V.'s/Christmas Lights.
Filmed all practically, NO CGI, in a normal two car garage for a little over $200 dollars.

Wow, that was wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing! What a wonderful use of resources, how long did it take you? Did you build the city more than once? I think the use of the TVs was wonderful!

It took about 2 months to complete. We had a batch of each we froze at one time to have multiple back ups. I don't remember how many times we had to set it up, but it was a lot! haha

Woderful, what did you film it on? I really like the concept, I think for your budget you pulled it of phenomenally!! How did you come up with the concept? Did the music inspire it?

Beautiful.
Very imaginative & creative throughout.

How were the time-lapse ice melt elements shot, technically?

Woderful, what did you film it on? I really like the concept, I think for your budget you pulled it of phenomenally!! How did you come up with the concept? Did the music inspire it?

We filmed on 2 Canon T2i's. We are a directing duo LAMAR+NIK. I, Lamar, came up with the base idea and that was ice forming from water. We just kind of ran with it until it became what it is! the music only inspired it after the idea was conceived. It was really great that way too. We had an elaborate idea and all we had to do is make it fit! The bands story helped us out a little bit with that! Check it out below.

Houses:
“I got laid off from my job at the end of last year and decided I needed a change. My girlfriend put in her two weeks and we moved out to a little cabin in Papaikou, Hawaii. It’s a pretty remote place outside of Hilo (i.e no plumbing/electricity/gas). We worked for meals during the day cultivating indigenous microorganisms and learning the basics of sustainable living. We drank showered and cooked with rain water. It was a beautifully simple experience. In our downtime, she would paint and I would record. We’d have to light candles in an effort to save solar power to keep my computer running. We inspired each other a lot out there, and I think it shows on the album. She sings on a lot of the tracks on All Night. The music comes from a place of love and ease. The video for Endless Spring was shot there in our spare time, and the music was sketched out loosely over the course of a few months. We just kind of melted into one person. We were able to keep our heads above water for a few months before we both went broke and moved back to Chicago last month. I put together all the arrangements and field recordings over the last few weeks, and that became All Night. “ - Dexter of "Houses"

Beautiful.
Very imaginative & creative throughout.

How were the time-lapse ice melt elements shot, technically?

You can see a lot of the making of videos here ---> (youtube.com/​nikharper#g/​c/​C4E89CD309AC7B8B)
It took us a while to figure it out! We settled on making a heat gun rack, which can be seen in "SET."

This is ACE!!! Just wonderful. Always great to see how inventive DIY filmmakers can get w/o using After Effects, CGI, etc. This might be my favorite shot:

picture.php

Fantastic work all around. :D

This is ACE!!! Just wonderful. Always great to see how inventive DIY filmmakers can get w/o using After Effects, CGI, etc. This might be my favorite shot:

picture.php

Fantastic work all around. :D

Thanks man! We feel really thankful that so many people enjoyed it. Also, that seems to be everyones favorite shot, haha!

Back