• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Hope you enjoy this short

Did you like Underlying Motives?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Sort of . . .

• Total voters
Hi Everyone,

My name is Jonah Buckley. I'm a graduate student studying mass communications. I shot this short a few years back to learn how everything works when making a short. I decided a month ago to re-edit it and send it to ifilm.com. They decided to show the film, so I thought some people here might like to view it and give me some feedback. Thanks a lot, and I hope you enjoy it.

Jonah

http://www.ifilm.com/filmdetail?ifilmid=2532781

Ummmmmm ... very interesting ... I think.

Seriously, the short was well shot, the sound could've used some work (get rid of all that wind noise), and the ending was ... well, it had a twist to it. I won't say it was a nice twist, but it was a twist alright. The funny thing was I felt bad for the brother wearing the dress until the ending.

Good Luck.

Poke

The Film!

Hey Jonah,

Brilliant camera work / Fantastic compositions (filmic!) - loved background and foreground difference - and a very nice cut - wasn't to keen on the zooming in and out at the beginning too much though! But that's a personal opinion...

Like pokewow said, shame about wind noise on sound... thought of doing Foley and ADR? The story... not sure about some of the causes and effects... but anyway - Radical! Nice one!

Thanks for the feedback! I tried fixing the wind, but I'm not master. So I just left the audio how it was recorded. Feel free to tell a friend or give me tips on how I can get the short seen by more people.
Jonah

Back