• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Hooked on Fishing - a 60 second comedy

Hi,

check out my first short film "Love and Marriage - Hooked on Fishing". It's a satire of marriage in 60 seconds. I'll appreciate any constructive criticism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWPsZ_rAScs

Paul

Not bad, although needs work. Everything is in desperate need of white balancing, there's Foley and sound effects lacking or completely non-existent *awkward pause*, and that Elevator music or whatever that royalty-free song that everybody uses is annoying... really annoying and distracting. The dialogue didn't fit into the environment either... which I assume is ADR or no audio editing or filters placed upon the voices. But nice work.

Not bad, although needs work. Everything is in desperate need of white balancing, there's Foley and sound effects lacking or completely non-existent *awkward pause*, and that Elevator music or whatever that royalty-free song that everybody uses is annoying... really annoying and distracting. The dialogue didn't fit into the environment either... which I assume is ADR or no audio editing or filters placed upon the voices. But nice work.

Thanks a lot! It's ADR, no filters, just hiss reduction and exactly the same spot, so maybe it's just a cheap microphone.
I didn't know how to move the thread which I posted in a wrong section, so I decided to double post and it was definitely worth it just to get this one opinion. I'm sure you can forgive a new member:)

Congrats for having completed it. It was cut nicely and all the angles etc... looked good.

The issue for me was more the lack of comic timing and the unfunny voice which meant I didn't laugh. They were also seriously orange which pulls me out a little.

Sound was OK for a YouTube, 1 minute vid and I thought the music fit the bill for a marriage which had gone downhill.

Thank you! Could you please give me some clue about the lack of timing issue, it's definitely an essential thing and so much easier to grasp for a first time viewer.

Back