Home of the Giants needs your help!

Don't know if this is the right place for this post, feel free to move it if it's in the wrong place.

Home of the Giants is written & directed by Rusty Gorman (debut movie) and it stars Haley Joel Osment, Ryan Merriman and Danielle Panabaker.

I've been following the developments of the movie "Home of the Giants" for a little over 3 years now. It has gotten raving reviews where ever it got screened. It has been to the Chicago- (2007), Heartland- (2007), Omaha- (2008), Palm Beach (2008), Cannes- (2008), Midwest (2008) Film Festivals. Reviews can be found here.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhcCL9RXP0A

Clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeDl9g_j9B8

It has trouble finding a distribution deal, but there's a way that you can help getting it into theaters. Just go to homeofthegiants.com, the official website for Home of the Giants and fill in the form. Even if you don't live in the States you can still let them know that you want to see the movie. And even if you're not interested in seeing the movie, you can just fill in the form and help a great independent movie get into theaters.

Here are the plot details:
Home of the Giants is a coming-of-age story told through the eyes of "Gar", a high school journalist who covers the basketball team as it heads toward a state championship. Gar's best friend, Matt , is the team's star ; when Matt is asked by a drug dealer and small-time hood to throw the big game, Gar inevitably gets caught in the middle.

The synopsis doesn't do the film justice though, but the reviews do.

And quotes from reviews:
Home of the Giants, Bottom Line: A dark-laced "Hoosiers" that scores from all over the story court. - Hollywood Reporter

'Giants' gives a new twist to Indiana basketball tale - Indiestar.com

Intense, superbly crafted thriller - Indianapolis Bussines Journal

Skillful, believable and genuinely suspenseful - Chicagoist

Last edited:
That plot sounds almost like an episode (actually, a series of episodes) from One Tree Hill. And could it be a Freudian slip that you just happened to say "raven reviews" since the team in One Tree Hill is the "Ravens"? The Tree Hill Raven's star player, Nathan Scott, took money from a loan shark and was caught up in a plot to throw the state championship because the shark had bet against the Ravens.

Classic example that one cannot copyright an idea, just the execution of it.

Last edited:
Oops, meant, raving :) not raven. Oh well, this movie is so much more than what the plot details give you. I haven't seen it yet but I'm really looking forward to it, been following the developments of this movie for a little over three years now. I've never seen One tree hill.

Back