• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

campaign Hold To Dash - Dark Comedy About a Video Game Speedrunner

Hey all, just wanted to try and get the word out about a short film that I've been working hard on trying to get made for a while now. It's called Hold To Dash. It's a dark comedy that focuses on the daily life and routine of a professional speedrunner and streamer.

If you don't know what a speedrunner is, it's basically someone who plays a video game with the goal of beating it as fast as possible. Becoming a good speedrunner requires a lot of skill, and an almost obsessive amount of commitment.

We have some really talented folks attached to this film. Jack Dunphy and Jessie Pinnick are signed on as the two leads. Both of them were in solid indie features from 2017 (Dunphy was in "Assholes", Pinnick in "Princess Cyd").

I'm guessing most of you are probably in a similar place as I am when it comes to money, but please take a look at our crowdfunding page for the film here: https://www.seedandspark.com/fund/hold-to-dash

If you like what you see, please consider throwing a few bucks our way. If you can't, please don't hesitate to share the campaign around. Thanks everyone, I wish you all the best of luck with your own projects. Feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions or just wanna chat.

--Leo

As indie folks we know how to get the most out of micro-budgets. Some amazing people and creative solutions here. Ask away!

And this is the place to find talent - DPs, writers, composers, editors, SFX, audio post... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Back