Hi, I'm an amateur photographer who's getting into videography

In some detail - I have been taking photos with my faithful D7000 for some 10 years or so. I've been filming amateur videos without good sound, light or stabilization for years, but with starting new job as a project coordinator a cool project fell in my lap - building a filming studio. Budget is tight, but I can get some decent equipment for whats needed. But this sparked my interest in filmmaking even more. I've been a part of filming several interviews in my new position and filmed some simple promotional videos myself as well.

Part of why I was looking for forums was because I need some data about film makers, so I hope theres nothing against the rules if I want to post google survey and start some discussion about gimbal stabilizers ? But apart from that I am hoping to learn some new stuff and probably ask questions or wfind information in threads for the studio I am making.

Hi there, from a parallel world! I'm also primarily a photographer rather videographer, but getting closer to having an operational studio for video workshops and other amateur/stepping-stone activities.

In some detail - I have been taking photos with my faithful D7000 for some 10 years or so. I've been filming amateur videos without good sound, light or stabilization for years, but with starting new job as a project coordinator a cool project fell in my lap - building a filming studio. Budget is tight, but I can get some decent equipment for whats needed. But this sparked my interest in filmmaking even more. I've been a part of filming several interviews in my new position and filmed some simple promotional videos myself as well.

Part of why I was looking for forums was because I need some data about film makers, so I hope theres nothing against the rules if I want to post google survey and start some discussion about gimbal stabilizers ? But apart from that I am hoping to learn some new stuff and probably ask questions or wfind information in threads for the studio I am making.

You can post pretty much anything that will help you become a better film maker. Thats what IT is here for!
This isn't reddit though, I dont think a survey is your best approach. Just talk to people and ask them questions.

For example I own a DJI RS2. If you have specific questions about it let me know.

You can post pretty much anything that will help you become a better film maker. Thats what IT is here for!
This isn't reddit though, I dont think a survey is your best approach. Just talk to people and ask them questions.

For example I own a DJI RS2. If you have specific questions about it let me know.
Thanks, I'll definitely be posting some questions regarding the studio I'm building now. Will want to hear comments about choice of stuff we are getting. Due to working in government institution we have specific rules regarding procedures of buying stuff, so it's quit tricky to get the best for the buck. Survey is more or less meant generally as I need some data for studies so if anyones up to charing, that's awesome.

About gimbals - General stuff as well, what do you love about DJI ? Any especially great features that one should look when getting a gimbal ? Maybe anything thats a let down ?

Thanks, I'll definitely be posting some questions regarding the studio I'm building now. Will want to hear comments about choice of stuff we are getting. Due to working in government institution we have specific rules regarding procedures of buying stuff, so it's quit tricky to get the best for the buck. Survey is more or less meant generally as I need some data for studies so if anyones up to charing, that's awesome.

About gimbals - General stuff as well, what do you love about DJI ? Any especially great features that one should look when getting a gimbal ? Maybe anything thats a let down ?
They have a mounting system where you can attach the gimbal to a car or to a crane.. it so versatile.
And on top of that the raveneye system is amazing. You can have the camera attached to a crane and then use your cell phone to tilt or pan in any direction wirelessly.

IT is more like.. quality over quantity. youre not gonna find a massive dataset here.

Last edited:
Back