Hi i Just Finished my short film

Hi everyone
let me introduce my self. I am an amateur filmmaker and almost all of my short film it was done by myself
I did all the work as a writer, director, camera operator, and editor. sometimes I did my own cast.
it's really hard to do alone but without the budget, I have to finish my short film. I want to realize my idea for films.

if you want to watch my short film called Deadline you can watch here
Deadline on Vimeo or Deadline on youtube

thank you, guys. please give advice and critiques

Attachments

• Poster DeadLine.jpg
    Poster DeadLine.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 95
Great job finishing your film. It's a really tough thing to do alone or with a small crew.

All in all, the film itself was okay. There were some good parts, and I liked the monster. The hand part was creepy. The overall way the shots were done had a sloppiness (probably because you were doing everything).

There is a choppiness to some of the panning and dolly zoom shots.

I think for your next film, you need to trust someone to film for you while you act/direct. Find someone who likes photography, they are really good at lighting and composing shots already... And probably have a really good DSLR to lend.

In the future, if you aren't able to find another camera op, focus on making a film with static shots mostly. Don't be concerned about moving around too much. Be concerned about composing the scene and building interesting angles.

Great job finishing your film. It's a really tough thing to do alone or with a small crew.

All in all, the film itself was okay. There were some good parts, and I liked the monster. The hand part was creepy. The overall way the shots were done had a sloppiness (probably because you were doing everything).

There is a choppiness to some of the panning and dolly zoom shots.

I think for your next film, you need to trust someone to film for you while you act/direct. Find someone who likes photography, they are really good at lighting and composing shots already... And probably have a really good DSLR to lend.

In the future, if you aren't able to find another camera op, focus on making a film with static shots mostly. Don't be concerned about moving around too much. Be concerned about composing the scene and building interesting angles.
Thank you very much for the support, advice. I'll do better take your advice. Thanks a lot

Back