hi all im joining a new production and need to pick some brains please.

hello, i need a tec spec for a HD broadcast quality programe, Im a sound engineer but mainly work in live sound in the music industary. I have worked as a boom opp before and understand what goes into recording film audio.
What i dont know about is the precise equiptment, if look up on google for example i get a sea of conflicting options... i need tp price a compleate set-up for a BBC show!
also the atchual filming, lighting, green boards, camera rails/tracks monitors and all the other essential bits.. if anybody has any advice i would be very gratefull ..plus there may some jobs fying about..thanks

You would have to contact the BBC for their required specs on the delivery of HD audio (and all of the other HD requirements).

The basics - HD audio should be recorded and edited in at least 24bit/96kHz.

The following link will provide you with all kinds of extremely valuable information, provided you have the time and patience to actually read it all, which I have - several times. It will give you at least some insight into the proper questions to ask.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/post-production-forum/106320-geos-sound-post-corner.html

Back