Hey!Peeps

Hey! My name is Alex Zhang, Chinese, 26. Moved to Toronto a decade ago. The thing is, I recently decided to go in to film business because I find my job being a mechanic tedious. The reason I wanted to do this is that I watched thousands of films that are above 5.5 rating on IMDB, repeatedly, not because I knew I was going to be a filmmaker one day, but I had a genuine love for good pictures. I recently discovered this website through a youtube channel, and NOW I'm eager to talk about movies.

I'm not much of a script reader, other than potential projects here at Alcove Audio, and that rarely enough; I mostly get projects when they're close to final cut. I will read the occasional script offering here on IndieTalk.

I watch movies with great sound and try to figure out how they made those sounds. I watch BTS and interviews with sound designers/editors, that sort of thing. I'm the guy sitting on the park bench or in the train station with his head back who doesn't move for half of hour; I'm just listening. I'm always playing with sounds in my studio.

Just for fun... "Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" - The Bridge of Khazad-dûm - Two elements of the Balrogs roar are a cinderblock being dragged across a concrete floor with a rope, and the other is one of the sound editors blowing on the charcoal in his barbeque. When "the secret" was out I listened again and said "Duh! Of course!"

Haha
I'm not much of a script reader, other than potential projects here at Alcove Audio, and that rarely enough; I mostly get projects when they're close to final cut. I will read the occasional script offering here on IndieTalk.

I watch movies with great sound and try to figure out how they made those sounds. I watch BTS and interviews with sound designers/editors, that sort of thing. I'm the guy sitting on the park bench or in the train station with his head back who doesn't move for half of hour; I'm just listening. I'm always playing with sounds in my studio.

Just for fun... "Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" - The Bridge of Khazad-dûm - Two elements of the Balrogs roar are a cinderblock being dragged across a concrete floor with a rope, and the other is one of the sound editors blowing on the charcoal in his barbeque. When "the secret" was out I listened again and said "Duh! Of course!"
Haha,reminds me of a youtube video that I watched recently about how they make all those sound effect on those old cartoons, those guys worked so hard to make our lives happier(
)

Anyways talking about great sound design, gotta hand it to the Safdie brothers myself, the scores in "Good Times" and "Uncut Gems" are off the roof. I listen to the score on those movies when I'm talking a stroll outside just to find inspiration for my stories.

Last edited:
Back