Hey Everyone

Hey fellow filmmakers. I'm Mark and I've been making movies with my little brother since I was six year olds and the only actors I had available were my action figures. All my editing was done on the camera and then recorded to a VHS. In Jr. High school we mostly filmed with an old canon ZR200. We stopped making movies once I was in high school for awhile but last Christmas I relieved a Canon HV30 and we started filming again.

The crew is made up by just a bunch of friends and our equipment and budget is minimal. We currently have a cheap $40 Tripod, an old computer I built that can run Adobe Premiere Pro 2, a cheap $150 RODE Mic for the camera. Almost every penny I make goes towards this hobby, the website for this hobby, and a podcast me and my friends are working on. I realize now that I should have saved up more and gotten a 3CDD camera but its too late now. The canon HV30 seems to have some pretty cool manual controls but we haven't even messed with those yet. My brother and I have written 3 or 4 short films and we are planning to shoot one next weekend.

Anyways enough chat and background information. I'm glad to have stumbled onto this forum because it seems like I'll be able to better myself greatly by sharing my work and discussing equipment and maybe even film school in my future. I also look forward to watching what everyone else has done.

Hey, welcome to the site!

Sounds like you're ready to make some movies. If you have any questions along the way, stop by and ask. Good luck and have fun.

Greetings fellow hobbyist! There may be hobbies that are cheaper or less complicated, but few as rewarding as making movies. What's your website? Mine is http://uraniumcityfilms.com.
I'll check out your site. Mine is www.geticedpro.com it is still in an early stage with very little content. It is a blog style site so its easier to update and is mainly focused on our podcast and film making but soon once we actually put out a couple of films and some podcasts we will probably have two separate websites.

Back