Help with Cameras

Hi, I'm looking into purchasing a couple of professional studio style Camera's off a guy on Kijiji. I'm just starting out and these seemed like a steal for the price, although I admittedly know little about camera's, especially professional style ones which I can only assume or older.

Problem is, I can't find a shred of info on these two cameras. No specs, reviews, only a couple of pictures that look like they might be it. I was wondering if any of you could identify them and give me some info on them so I can make a more informed purchase.

The camera's and equipment are as follows:

#1 Hitachi Video Camera Z-one-A (With Hitachi Camera Case)
Canon Macro TV zoom lens (Detachable)

#2 Panasonic Video Cassette Recorder/player/Editor AG-6500

#3 Panasonic Video Camera Digital 5000 (With Camera Case)
10.5-126mm TV zoom Lens

#4 Panasonic SVHS/VHS AG-7400 Player Recorder

#5 Panasonic AC Adapter AG-B640 Power Supply

#6 Precision Camera Battery Belt

My questions are: for both camera's (the Panasonic Video Camera Digital 5000 and Hitachi Z-one-A), how old are these? What is the process of getting the captured video onto a pc? What would I need to buy/get to get audio in my recordings? Would you recommend either or these cameras?

For the Panasonic Video Cassette Recorder/player/Editor AG-6500, what is this for?

For the Panasonic SVHS/VHS AG-7400 Player Recorder, what is this for?

And overall, are these worth buying? Recommend equipment? And is there anything else I would need to make use of these that is not included in the listing?

Here is a link to the page on Kijiji for pictures.

These are older standard definition cameras. The Panasonic Digital 5000 was once a mainstay of television news field units. The VCR is for recording the cameras' video output (neither camera has a built in recorder). I paid $5.00 (plus shipping) for the Panasonic model two tiers up and newer just to stick it on my shelf. It too came with the TV zoom lens (mine came with a Canon 12xL). As to how you would get the video onto a computer, record it to the VCR then use a video capture or TV card on the PC/Mac. If you really want to shoot video, I would recommend passing these cameras by and getting something newer/smaller/inclusive.

THe cameras themselves are of very little practical use. That said, the lenses may be of value for $300 for 2. You'd likely need an ENG camera to mount it on and they're not cheap - if the old lens mount is even compatible

Back