• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Help wanted from any directors/producers

Hi all,

I'm looking at developing an area of the audio side that might be really useful to low/no budget film makers, but I could do with a little help.

My idea is simple - if you've ever tried using library/royalty free music, and found that no matter what you do, it simply doesn't quite line up with your edit (or, worse, you have to ruin your editing just to get it to sync right) then I can fix it. I have the tools and the know-how to edit audio seamlessly, not just cutting it up, but slowing it down or speeding it up in a very musical and rewarding way, so that the music could fit perfectly with your edit.

What I need, though, is a few examples to demo it to people. So what I'm looking for is if anyone has any small video clips, with separate music that doesn't quite fit the edit, so that I can make it fit snugly and use it as a demo. As it's for demo purposes, obviously all it would cost you would be the small amount of time to send me the video and the audio files. This can be for a project your working on now, or maybe one that you've already completed and you wouldn't mind me putting the before and after versions on my website.

I'd also love any and all feedback on things like how much you'd be happy to pay for such a service, and on the end results of the demos too once their done.

Thanks all for taking the time to read this, it's really appreciated, and if anyone can help, please don't hesitate to get in touch. My email is barry@ryerson-sound.com

Back