• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

HELP: converting *.DOC file -to- *.PDF file

hey i have to convert my script to a pdf file for a screenplay contest and right now it is currently in word document file... however i dont kno how to do that and im not the best with acrobat reader ... so if anyone knows how to convert a DOC file to a PDF file please tell ...

much obliged

later

Freeware Converters

There are numerous freeware converters that will change a Word Document to PDF. Try doing a search on Google with "doc pdf convert" and you'll find a rash of them.

You might also consider getting a copy of OpenOffice - it reads DOC files and exports directly to PDF. The software is free (no gimmicks, it's really free) and I find it at least as useful as Microsoft Office. You can find it at http://www.openoffice.org The download is a little hefty - if you're on dialup.

Hope that helps.

=- Steve P -=

as said Open Office is a nice program but if you want just a free converter check out something like newfreeware.com and search for something like "doc to pdf converter"

Back