Hello

Hello,

I'm a musician and audio engineer; and I've been slowly making the jump into audio post-production (with the occasional pinch hitting in production sound). My music background is mainly performance rather than composition (though I did study a little) so i tend to have a slightly different view on music and sound (we have a healthy mix in the MusTech grad program I'm currently in and you can tell the composers and the performers apart pretty quickly in how we see things.

I have a post-production studio, with surround sound. Setting up a 5.1 system seems much more sane than some of the things I work on for school (electronic art music can get downright absurd when it comes to multi-channel set-ups -- I played in a piece for an electronic instrumental ensemble last week that uses 32 individual channels of sound). i enjoy solving problems, which probably why I usually find myself editing and doing pre-mixes. My hope is to eventually run my own audio post house with at least a PM3 room -- but I'm not there yet... yet.

I have two graduate degrees in music, and am always happy to converse on everything from 16th century performance practice to wave field synthesis... or more mundane things like noise removal and mic choice (because anything we do is actually mundane?).

Also, I'm seem to be a terrible insomniac and should not be posting at 4am...

Back