Hello My name..ehem Username Is Fish

Not a pro-film maker or an aspiring film maker.I'm just experimenting.I've done a few projects and gotten paid..(that doesn't make me a pro,eh? lol...Using final cut pro sometimes does make me feel pro-ish but I don't like to brag ;) ) I'm reallly good at editing and my favorite movie genre is sci-fi.Any thing I should no before I start posting here? -Fish:yes:

Any thing I should no before I start posting here?

Two man enter; one man leave.
smiley_saxon.gif

Fight \o/

But seriously, it's all pretty chill here. Using the search button before starting new (to you) threads will save a lot of time, though.

Hiiiiiii-ya!

Am I that tired? Haha I meant know* I've been lurking, looking at other threads..this seems like a good place to fertilize and nourish the soil that is in my head.Bad,goofy, metaphor but you know what I mean.

Last edited:
The first rule of Indietalk is that we do not talk about "Avatar".

You like sci-fi, eh? That puts you in good company. What are your favorites?

You gonna post some of your work? That'd be cool.

At the moment I'm working on football highlights.The thing is I don't know a thing about football (Yes I live in Texas).It's going well but I can not make it fun and intresting.I'll just deal though.Avatar=BLAH too much fiction not enough science!Haha My Favorite is 2001 : A space odyssey..:).The ending is my FAVORITE part.The original War of the worlds is good and The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy was a good book and a good movie! Although the movie didn't stay true to the book I thought It was....pretty darn great.Funny too.:D

Okay, you ignored rule #1.

Is it really "going well" if you cannot "make it fun and interesting"? I don't think you've really challenged yourself, if you think you can't make this footage fun and interesting. Nobody cares that you don't like the sport. Work with what you've got. Produce results. It is up to you to make it fun and interesting.

How about "Star TreK"? You like "Star Trek"?

It's going well because the guy I'm doing it for says it's awesome-I just I don't feel satisfied.I haven't gotten that hehe "high" I get when I edit something I like.Not a trekkie:no:

Okay, so you don't like "Trek", or the greatest sport ever known to humankind, and you ignored Rule #1. I feel like you and I should break ties, before things get ugly.

Just kidding. ;)

I'd still be curious to see your prior work, even if you think it's lame. It might actually be pretty sweet.

Well I'm very insecure..so I think all i've done so far is bad.Football?Really? I prefer baseball..;) I wouldn't be able to upload my work because when my work is done it's handed to the big man..lol..actually a woman. I never feel like burning it and actually posting it.In a couple of weeks I'm going to start doing interviews for my "Factory Farming" Documentary.It's for a contest and it'll be short.My original Idea was "The coming collapse of the middle class" but I began reading the communist manifesto and I overthought it ......then confused myself and the topic kept wandering away. If this doc is good I'll post it.

Hopefully I'll find some Peta representative..hehehe.Oh and one last thing...is it safe to use the term "hipster" here.Im dying of laughter.

Fish, have you seen Earthlings? Or Meet Your Meat? If you're gonna do a doco about factory farming I highly recommend watching those first, if you haven't already. Good luck with the contest <3
I like you already :D Welcome

Meet your meat was where it all started! Haha I stumbled upon it while doing research for the middle class doc. I haven't seen earthlings though..I'll look into it.:) It's hard not to be biased though. I'm trying to present both sides of the matter.Factory farming good or bad..lol...There are people who think it's good. McDonalds Corporate office here I come!

I know Murdock..It's a shame..:no: I was thinking about reading the trek books a couple of months ago (I like reading the books before watching the movies/episodes etc...I just like it..) but I haven't had the time to go to the library.

Meet your meat was where it all started! Haha I stumbled upon it while doing research for the middle class doc. I haven't seen earthlings though..I'll look into it.:) It's hard not to be biased though. I'm trying to present both sides of the matter.Factory farming good or bad..lol...There are people who think it's good. McDonalds Corporate office here I come!

Yay!

Yes, bias is a pain in the ass. There aren't many docos or books or websites or whatever else out there that aren't ridiculously biased one way or the other. Something that simply presents the facts would be a welcome change and probably a lot more impacting. I hope you post it when you've finished it, I'd love to see what you make of it :)

I might post it.:) and thanks for the welcome! I was watching the "capatalism : A love story" doc and throughout it all you get is : CAPATLISM EVIL CAPATALISM EVIL.Very biased.Bleh:weird:Not that I think Capatalism is good:hmm:

Last edited:
Back