Hello from Alaska

My name is Antoine Doiron. I am a filmmaker from Juneau Alaska. My first major project called Space Trucker Bruce is taking me 3 to 4 years to complete. It is a sci-fi movie. The reason it is taking so long is that I have to build each set before filming and there are around 9 sets to build. I have taken this on with minimal crew (2) so each set takes 3 months or more to build. Film making is a lot of work but also a lot of fun. technical details of the film: format = 1080p HD filmed at 24p using a Cannon Vixia HV30 camcorder. My sound is captured with either an mic with an extension cable attached to the camera or external recording device. The 3D effects are being done in Blender on Powerbook G4s and a Macbook Pro. editing will be in Final Cut Pro but is in imovie HD for rough cuts. Sets are being built in spare rooms in my house and in the back yard.

Dang! That's a pretty daunting task, to be takin' 4 years to finish.

If you were a governor, you'd have finished in 2 1/2 years, though.
smiley_haw.gif

Welcome to IndieTalk! Post some pics of your project!

cool re-use of blister packaging.. from what? a ladies jazzersize weight set and a small took kit? oh, and the ultra high tech track ball! very nice..

I LOVE THE HAT!

Cant wait to read the blog!

saw that

ah crap! you figured out my cheap set design. :D hopefully you are unusually observant. :) I can't remember what the packaging was. my son's toys I think. and don't you know, everyone uses trackballs in the future. they are great for old arcade games like Millipede. with my high budget of "nothing" and my manpower of "just me" I could do better but it would take longer, so I just focus on doing the best I can with my time, manpower and money constraints. if you watch the movie see if you can spot the cereal boxes in the sets.

Last edited:
At work I'm always scrounging the BEST packaging from the garbage bins! My wife is starting to wonder why I keep bringing home trash, I keep explaining, "look at that texture!" I finally used some for Halloween decorations, now she gets it..

Trackballs of the future will have neat designs on them!

Back