hello fellow movie lovers

I would like to introduce myself, i didn't study anything related to movie making. Hell, i left school when i was 16, but now i'm 24 and for the past year i've been trying to learn more about script writing so i can put several of my ideas into paper.

I finished a script sometime ago but now im about to pick it up again and change a few things (and by a few i mean change it all). Sometimes new inspiration comes when you least expect. So while im atm thinking on how to write the things i want to add/change i decided to look for a forum filled with people like me (or not) and i found this.

I hope we all get along and learn a lot from each other.

To tell you the truth im actually thinking about turning the script into a short movie myself, i've been wanting to do a short movie for a long time but never had the opportunity, i don't even own a camera so i can practice and all that along with the idea of actually directing and ordering people around and being the "head" of something is making me feel a bit uncomfortable BUT it's something that i really really want, and if we don't fight for our dreams, who will?

To tell you the truth im actually thinking about turning the script into a short movie myself, i've been wanting to do a short movie for a long time but never had the opportunity, i don't even own a camera so i can practice and all that along with the idea of actually directing and ordering people around and being the "head" of something is making me feel a bit uncomfortable BUT it's something that i really really want, and if we don't fight for our dreams, who will?

Want to become a filmmaker and/or just bring this script to life.

-----

Beginning as a filmmaker:

Get a camera. It doesn't have to be special, just something that can record.
Shoot nature videos.
Shoot stop motion videos.
Shoot documentaries.
Shoot plays and events.
Get together a friend or two, and shoot something quickly with them.
Shoot a short film starring you.
Find people in your area interested in film.
Work your way up to bigger projects.

Good luck :cool:

Want to become a filmmaker and/or just bring this script to life.

-----

Beginning as a filmmaker:

Get a camera. It doesn't have to be special, just something that can record.
Shoot nature videos.
Shoot stop motion videos.
Shoot documentaries.
Shoot plays and events.
Get together a friend or two, and shoot something quickly with them.
Shoot a short film starring you.
Find people in your area interested in film.
Work your way up to bigger projects.

Good luck :cool:

Thanks man, i want to become and actual filmmaker .

That's what i also think i should do, but buying a shitty camera seems like a waste of money haha. Will have to try it though, so i can practice :)

Back