Hello Fellow Indie's

Hello everyone... just joined you all today. I was hoping to find some of you in the chat room, but like some of the other posts read it doesnt seem to be used all that much. Too bad, as I would love to learn more about the other members. I am a producer from Winnipeg, and I am always interested in meeting others with an interest in the film or TV production industry. I love to create, collaborate, partner, and work with fabulous teams! Happy Holidays to you all.... hope to chat sometime. :D

Welcome to IT! Chat isn't used much, but feel free to post questions/comments/suggestions in the forum. Also, posting your info in the networking forum is a good idea.

Enjoy your stay! :)

Hi Wideshot! Thanks for the warm welcome. I have been reading some of the posts here and this looks like a great place to meet some new people! I am in the networking area now.... thanks again!

Yeah, the thing about this place is the posters vary from all backgrounds, from those curious about filmmaking to amateurs to first timers all the way up to established filmmakers/DP's/producers. But most of all, it is a really nice group of people who support one another and while the occasional strong opinion does come up, it is NOT a battle of egos like most other forums. IT is very special in this regard.

Hi ShellyAnne, and :welcome:

With your bio, no doubt you'll have much to offer this forum and you can bet you'll find the crew here loaded with info, insight, intelligence, and imagination, and they be damn good folk :)

WideShot said:
Yeah, the thing about this place is the posters vary from all backgrounds, from those curious about filmmaking to amateurs to first timers all the way up to established filmmakers/DP's/producers. But most of all, it is a really nice group of people who support one another and while the occasional strong opinion does come up, it is NOT a battle of egos like most other forums. IT is very special in this regard.

Thanks again WideShot, it is a pleasure to meet you! :cool:

bird16 said:
Hi ShellyAnne, and :welcome:

With your bio, no doubt you'll have much to offer this forum and you can bet you'll find the crew here loaded with info, insight, intelligence, and imagination, and they be damn good folk :)

Thanks bird for the kind words.. I look forward to learning from all of you here. Nice to meet you!

:hi: Welcome to the boards Shelly! This is a great place to network.

What type of work do you produce? Hope to chat with you soon in the chat room. ;)

It's hard to get a lot of members in chat at once for a couple of reasons. Often, because of folks like me who joke around incessantly, it turns into an unintelligible ramble of short incoherent replies to some smart ass comment somone sadi five minutes before. Also, most of the prominent members of the forum are spread all over the planet, thus our allotted "internet usage times" are different.

Most of the time when I log on, I see no one in chat. Of course I realize that if I were to log into chat some folks might pop in to say, "Hi." Because everyone loves me and saying hello to me is like a spiritual experience for them.

I will be making a New Years resolution to spend more time on the computer and in Indie Talk chat and less time with my wife and dog. That should yield great results.

Poke

PS See, I told you I joke around incessantly.

HailtotheKing said:
:hi: Welcome to the boards Shelly! This is a great place to network.

What type of work do you produce? Hope to chat with you soon in the chat room. ;)

Hi, sorry I didnt see your message sooner. Thanks for the warm welcome too! I have an interest in mainly TV and Film. Right now I just finished developing an adult comedy TV series, hoping to pitch it in Vegas during NATPE. Ever been? Tell me more about you, what do you do, or like to do most?

Will Vincent said:
I hop into chat from time to time... theres a few others that frequent as well.. often while sucking down beer it would seem.. :)

Hi Wil, nice to meet you. Hope to run into you in chat too... I too can suck back a cold beer! :lol:

Poke said:
It's hard to get a lot of members in chat at once for a couple of reasons. Often, because of folks like me who joke around incessantly, it turns into an unintelligible ramble of short incoherent replies to some smart ass comment somone sadi five minutes before. Also, most of the prominent members of the forum are spread all over the planet, thus our allotted "internet usage times" are different.

Most of the time when I log on, I see no one in chat. Of course I realize that if I were to log into chat some folks might pop in to say, "Hi." Because everyone loves me and saying hello to me is like a spiritual experience for them.

I will be making a New Years resolution to spend more time on the computer and in Indie Talk chat and less time with my wife and dog. That should yield great results.

Poke

PS See, I told you I joke around incessantly.

Hi Poke, thanks for the warm welcome as well. This is a pretty cool place and the forums actually get read and used here! What a great opportunity to connect! Too funny.... well not sure what sort of results you will get if you spend less time with your wife and dog... wait.. thats not sure... yes I do... ummmm I dont think I would even try it if I were you! Look forward to my next spiritual experience with you! :cool:

Back