Have your films been successful or made money?

Just curious,

How many of you have made films that have been a huge success, or made a considerable amount of money?

And how many from that have done it by starting here?

All my films have made back their budgets and then some, so I'd consider that successful. We did a theater premiere, DVD sales, and ad revenue on YT.

@El Director HEY THAT'S GREAT! I always wonder if what we do here with all our talk if anyone ever gets anything decent done. :)

All my films have made back their budgets and then some, so I'd consider that successful. We did a theater premiere, DVD sales, and ad revenue on YT.

That's excellent, congrats! I see that you do Christian films. I've often considered switching to Christian films if this heathen thing I'm doing doesn't work out.

I only made shorts for fun and to upgrade my portfolio.
My income comes from corporate video production where my clients pay for the videos.
So my shorts only made indirect money as they helped me to stay top of mind with my prospects, so they think of me when they need a video.

That's excellent, congrats! I see that you do Christian films. I've often considered switching to Christian films if this heathen thing I'm doing doesn't work out.

Targeting niche markets can be very useful.
Heathen? Like in pagan? ;)

Back