have you checked out this PC Game called The Movies?

Yeap, a computer software PC game that puts you in Hollywood and you can create a studio to making your own movies... What good about this is you can use this program to actually create some films or creating 'storyboards' of your films, although a lot of learning you need to do to get that far, but I've seen some incredible stuff made with this $50 software.

Check this community page and see it yourself the movies other had made

http://movies.lionhead.com/movies

PS: you have to master the game before you can do all these and yes, it's a SIM type of game.

Johnny Wu

mdifilm said:
Yeap, a computer software PC game that puts you in Hollywood and you can create a studio to making your own movies... What good about this is you can use this program to actually create some films or creating 'storyboards' of your films, although a lot of learning you need to do to get that far, but I've seen some incredible stuff made with this $50 software.

Check this community page and see it yourself the movies other had made

http://movies.lionhead.com/movies

PS: you have to master the game before you can do all these and yes, it's a SIM type of game.

Johnny Wu

I've seen it. Seems like it would be fun and perhaps for amatuers, somewhat an experience.
Also, its not new. There was something very simular in the early 90s. I remember having it for my old 486. Ran really slow.

I just though of something. This would be good for a Storyboard.

Last edited:
yeah, it can be used like a 'pre-viz' type of perspective, but bleh, you have to MASTER the game... it will take me forever.

mdifilm said:
yeah, it can be used like a 'pre-viz' type of perspective, but bleh, you have to MASTER the game... it will take me forever.

See, thats the problem. Its not like you drop and load scenes and scenerios. There is a process of setting it up. of course thats the point of the game, is to create a movie set enviorment and set up scenes. But, if you're going to spend that much time on learning how to use the game, why not just invest in say Poser 6 and Lipsynce for poser6 and create your own characters with actually moving mouths. the new poser6 also allows you to create models using box modelling techniques. Or you can invest in Bryce and do it.
Or just use 3D studio max or Maya or Animation masters to do a far better animated film.

Animation masters is only 300 bucks. There is also some free 3D software out there. One is almost as good as Lightwave or Maya.

Back