Hate it when a Hard Drive dies...

Soooooo annoying. Hate it when that happens. I'm always backed up but never 100% backed up so there are always a few things that are lost.

That sinking feeling, especially when there's a terabyte of documentary on there. Also lost a music vid that had just been delivered and paid for but I was supposed to make 3 tiny changes on. It's not a big deal and seeing what the data recovery experts make of it but all the same, it's still mega annoying.

WD 6 Terabyte Thunderbolt, d@mnit.

* Rant Over *

Shit happens.

A friend of mine was copying pictures from an SD and suddenly the SD was 'invisible': about 30% was copied.
So now I'm trying to find out how to recover data when the card is ignored... :/

Yeah I want a second hard drive for redundancy but it never happened. I had bought one and it turned out to only be USB 2.0 on mac. returned but never replaced.

I used this a few years ago:
did the best job of the various programs I tried: it recovered all the files that went 'missing' (somehow the section where all the locationpointers for the files were, was damaged. About 1 TB vanished, but I got it all back, although only a small portion wasn't backed up yet, that was a very important portion...)

With the dead SD it is the only software seeing something on that connection, but it can't help me this time :/

Back