• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Harry Potter and Grindelwald's Demise

Hello fellow filmgeeks!
Recently i've been working on a huge fan fiction project about Harry Potter. Basically, a prequel in a way, about Albus Dumbledore and Gellert Grindelwald.

I don't expect you to understand the story, if you're not a Potter-fan. So if you're not, enjoy the film as a visual experience.

Unfortunately we've had a lot of technical issues that we didn't manage to fix. F.ex. Sound, cutting, and image quality. So, ignore these mistakes, and enjoy the film.

We shot the film in three months and had a theater opening with an audience of 200 people. So now we're curious about what THE internet thinks!

-We didn't manage to put this on YouTube, so please visit our channel and subscribe to support us :) www.youtube.com/JARANDandJENS
-Like us on Facebook for behind the scenes, extended cut and more:
facebook.com/JARANDandJENS

Here's the film: http://vimeo.com/32008400

Enjoy, and let me hear what you think!
Jarand Breian Herdal & Jens Peder Hertzberg

Aside from the obvious technicals that you've mentioned, this seemed really well put together. Some ADR could have fixed most of the dialog issues for you. The FX were really quite good. Nice use of locations... I'd have liked them a bit brighter to be able to revel in the scope of them a bit. Almost too dark to see the actors at times.

A very enjoyable piece of work. The acting was very impressive, naturalistic, captivating and meaningful. A high level of acting ability for the level of production.

A very enjoyable piece of work. The acting was very impressive, naturalistic, captivating and meaningful. A high level of acting ability for the level of production.

I absolutely agree here, the acting within the magic fights were really convincing. Even the dialog was mostly delivered well, which is hard to get at this level.

I absolutely agree here, the acting within the magic fights were really convincing. Even the dialog was mostly delivered well, which is hard to get at this level.

Thank you! :)
I have to say that I agree. We did manage to find suitable actors, even though we're all just 16 years old.
Thanks again, I will of course remember to use more time on audio next time, which I apologize for.

Jarand

If you can get hold of the actors again, you can bring them in and just dub the dialog over again, it'll even give you more control over subtleties of the line delivery as well.

Not bad...I like the fact that you tried to reach the same type of look as Harry Potter movies...
i tried to get the same kind of color grading and mood...its obvious its not a hollywood production but I'd say better than the average independent films...

Not bad...I like the fact that you tried to reach the same type of look as Harry Potter movies...
i tried to get the same kind of color grading and mood...its obvious its not a hollywood production but I'd say better than the average independent films...

Wow, thank you ;)

I'll finish the rest after school today, but from the first minute-and-a-half it seems great. Those are some bitchin' special effects... how'd you do that??? Just when I thought I was an excellent editor for my age you guys had to come up in here and blow me out of the water... acting is good too so far. I'll give you more feedback later today!

I'll finish the rest after school today, but from the first minute-and-a-half it seems great. Those are some bitchin' special effects... how'd you do that??? Just when I thought I was an excellent editor for my age you guys had to come up in here and blow me out of the water... acting is good too so far. I'll give you more feedback later today!

Thanks! Looking forward to it! ^^

Back