• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Half of a raw ruff cut....

By request of Wheatgrinder, here's a raw, ruff, half cut of a new video I'm working on for my Gramps. I was really stoked on this project, then I saw "Bring Me Sunshine" and felt inadequate, but then saw that he'd been doing it for 8 years and felt a bit better! lol!

The music in not traditional, and it felt like a real chalenge to conceptualize and produce this video properly with out making it corny, but I'm very happy with how it's going so far. Happy to take feedback!

http://vimeo.com/21529503
Password: Freddee

That was really fun.

The sync was a wee bit off in a couple of places (the only times I noticed it were in the close ups) but that's always a problem in rough cuts.

I'm not sure I quite understand the symbolism of the run down shack. It's a cool location but... why?

:)

That was really fun.

The sync was a wee bit off in a couple of places (the only times I noticed it were in the close ups) but that's always a problem in rough cuts.

I'm not sure I quite understand the symbolism of the run down shack. It's a cool location but... why?

:)

So I asked him to come up with visuals that he thought represented his younger years, n he came up with a older house, a old style church, and a fighter jet since he was in the air force. We gave him a couple options, but he said the overgrown house looked like the house he was born in, so that's the one we went with.

N yes, in early cuts I sync the music first, then go back and touch up the actually voice. It's easier to work with the track playing on beat since I can just pull a piece out of it at another point and the songs still right on time even thought the performers aren't always on time them selves. Thanks for pointing it out though! I have almost forgot to go back n do that once or twice in the past!

Thanks!

Back