• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Greenscreen Guitar Video, Surf Rock (with Sony Alpha 55)

Something that I've put together recently, in my "homestudio" ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd1iPOv4xNk&hd=1
Thanks to my first "real" or "adult" camera (Sony A55), the picture is much better than in my previous videos :)

Those backgrounds are all frapsed from a 3D engine demo, I added some depth of field blur afterwards. I used Sony Vegas Pro 10 to edit the whole thing.

It's too cheesy to be a real music video and there are some flaws in it, but I think for youtube guitar video standards it came out great.

What do you think?

This video is also on Guitar Idol:
http://www.guitaridol.tv/video/1306
In case someone really takes the time and votes a 10 for me there, let me know (with a PM). I could send you a download link to my song in return, if you like :)

thanks to everyone who watches

Not bad :) There is a bit of an edge and some slight green spill, but it's better than most beginner-ish keys you see on youtube.

A couple things that would make it more realistic:

1. White balance/color temperature. Your skin looks very yellow/red and it doesn't match the setting you put yourself in. The hard light works since it's a bright sunny place, but put some CTB (correct to blue) gels over your lights so that it looks like sunlight instead of a lamp.

2. Make sure that your key light is coming from the same direction with both the background and the subject. One of your shots in there shows the huts on the water, the sun it shining on the huts from the right side, but the light on you is coming from the left. Try and make everything match or it will look unnatural.

Hope that helps. Fun song, btw :)

thanks a lot man
I think those are all good ideas.
I need to invest in some lighting it seems. The lights I used for this video is what I had available in the house + some cheap fluorescent bulb lights from ebay to light the green screen.

Back