• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Green Screen TV replacement - Editing Workflow

Hi,

I am currently gearing up as the editor for a short film that will use require some minor chroma key work (to replace a green screened tv with tv announcer footage.)

We won`t be shooting the news footage until much later in the schedule, but I still want to be able to get a head start on cutting the scene.

For your guys production, what is your workflow for cutting these types of scenes BEFORE you have any footage to key in? When all you have visually is a green screen.

I`m wondering if having a crew member on set read the news footage dialogue and using his/her voice for reference to get the cutting rythme would be the best approach.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

I am currently gearing up as the editor for a short film that will use require some minor chroma key work (to replace a green screened tv with tv announcer footage.)

We won`t be shooting the news footage until much later in the schedule, but I still want to be able to get a head start on cutting the scene.

For your guys production, what is your workflow for cutting these types of scenes BEFORE you have any footage to key in? When all you have visually is a green screen.

I`m wondering if having a crew member on set read the news footage dialogue and using his/her voice for reference to get the cutting rythme would be the best approach.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Yeah I would just play out the scene as if you had the actual news recording already. Have someone off screen read the the lines for the news footage. Thats how I would do it anyways.

Back