• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Grain: A documentary about rural life in Australia

Hey Guys,

Never shared this piece before, but I really like it. I've shot this in november when I was travelling australia.

https://vimeo.com/54900474

Here's a brief description:

"Grain - A Documentary about rural life in Australia" tells the story of rural living in Australia and what it is like to come onto a farm after living in big cities for practically all your life.
The piece was shot in about 5-6 hours or so on one single day with no preparation before hand. The aim was not to make a technically spectacular and visually incredible documentary, but to simply tell a story! We visited my brother Tim on the farm for 2 days, shot timelapses and created the documentary.

The whole documentary was shot with one camera (FS100) and one Lens! (Canon 24-70 F2.8). Canon lens was adapted with the Metabones EF to E-Mount adapter. Other than that, I used the Zacuto EVF for about 10% of the shots and then just dumped it because the setup was too big. I just went with Peaking, Histogram and Zebras in the strong sunlight to judge focus and exposure. Audio wise: NTG-2 straight into FS100. Interview recorded with the Rode Pinmic with the wind fluffy. Other sound comes from NTG-3 into Marantz PMD661 I believe. Not sure however, I didn't do the sound!

Enjoy!

Very, very nice.

Did you do any color grading?

Thanks!

Yeah, there's some grading going on. Nothing fancy. Mainly just applying a curve and adding some contrast, crushing shadows, adding saturation and the occasional bit of fixing yellowish FS100 highlights and making them pwettier!

Back