• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Google Glass Effects Stock footage

I am currently editing a school commercial. I have based my product on something like Google glass. I need to get stock footage on some effects but I cant seem to find them nor do I know what to search. I use Sony Vegas 11. Would you guys have any idea where I could get stock footage or effects that look like this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPsp-Al40ng

Thanks you guys so much!

Heya, you can probably do it over any footage you have quite simply in premiere. Just get the jpegs for the icons in with a blank background, and then use keyframing on the 'motion' tab in the effects panel to animate them as per your needs. You could use tiles for texts and stuff. Just get creative with it using premiere if you aren't too good with after effects.

You'll want to get sill images of each icon, with transparent background. Then like Asad said, keyframe the movement you want. It's tedious but simple. It's been a while since I used Vegas, and I used 8, not 11, but IIRC it was possible in 8. So I'd be really really surprised if you couldn't do it in 11, especially since keyframing movement is a pretty common thing to do now.

If your school has a copy of Adobe After Effects, I would recommend using that software instead, though. It's the ideal workspace to composite. You could also probably get a free trial or student discount on the monthly subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud. I think it would be worth your time and effort if you're planning on making more things like this.

Yeah, those effects are simple to create. Unfortunately, it's highly unlikely that someone will have it done for you in stock-footage form, considering how specific it is.

You'll definitely have to do them yourself, or hire someone else to do them for you

I'm available! Hint hint, wink wink ;)

Back