• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Good Siren Sound Effect?

My short film requires sirens to be blaring in the background, but i'm not sure where a good place to find these would be so that I can use it without paying much. I'm going to try to catch some police cars outside my house (I live in a pretty shady neighborhood, so that's pretty often), but I can't count on that.

Any recommended sites for free sound effects?

I would also be willing to pay someone around $10 and credit in the film if you can record some sirens yourself (or already have a some recorded). As long as they are good enough quality.

Try SoundDogs. If you're willing to pay someone $10 then you can afford to download a few that suit your needs exactly.

You can also try FreeSound.org; there's diamonds in there if you're very patient and willing to weed through it all. Do not forget to properly credit the recordist/creator!!!!!!!!.

Most for-a-fee sound effects sites offer a few freebees, but it can take a long time to find and audition what you want. You can try Partners In Rhyme.

Back