Godzilla for Money put on Hold

Okay It Seems that the Loop hole that we found will work but it still involves getting permission from Toho. Its the same process as if you were going to make a toy Godzilla. It would take about 3 years for the process to go thru. For now I am going to scrap this Idea and work on second Idea I have been working on for several years.

It will be a lot easier than the Godzilla with all the 3D models, be nothing but live action so.

Title
"Gone Digital"

Not to sound like a whiny b****h but this may be a hidden blessing for you, allowing your own personal creative juices to flow, to come up with 100% your own idea.

Not to sound like a whiny b****h but this may be a hidden blessing for you, allowing your own personal creative juices to flow, to come up with 100% your own idea.
Well I am always using my "Creative Jucies" Godzilla is just one of my favorite characters in all sci-fi. I have written several books of my own ideas not pretaining to godzilla what so ever. So please do not act as if I am not creative with my own ideas.

I'd like to interject and put forward that many people don't understand the "FAN" mindset. Love for an established character/franchiseso strong it could would drive people to make derivative works based on something already firmly established.

I'd like to point to Paul S. Kemp, Alex Irvine, Drew Karpyshyn, Dave Wolverton, Jude Watson, Ryder Windham, James Luceno, Michael Reaves and even Terry Brooks have all made a pretty penny writing Star Wars Novels (Terry Brooks even had to adapt a screenplay to novel form, so even less "Creative License").

Creating a story in familiar settings has been a staple of the low/no budget writer's credo from day one and is stated repeatedly not just on this forum, but on many others and by successful Hollywood Industry and Independent Filmmakers. If you are supposed to "write what you know" and you know Godzilla, specific comicbook characters or movie franchise worlds... write it.

I'd even go so far as to say shoot it, but know that you won't be able to sell the finished project. However, it will give you a framework upon which to build your filmmaking chops and lead to better productions on the stuff you can sell (although, you can probably sell the script to the franchise owners if it's written well enough - and registered at the WGA and Copyright offices).

Right, allow me to apologize for sounding brash. I didn't intend to sound like "You have no creativity!" I was trying more for, "Sadly, you could have the best script in the world, but most won't see it as anything more than a rip-off."

Back