Getting rid of interlacing lines

I accidentally shot a scene in 1080i and it looks awful but I cannot re-shoot. When I render the footage it has all sorts of lines that I cannot seem to be rid of, no matter what render setting I try.

Also, this is a different issue but when framing an active mobile phone screen there are pulsing 'lighting' lines. Anyone have any idea how to be rid? I tried MSU flicker but didn't work (Not sure if I got settings right with it so will keep trying). I'm using Sony Vegas pro 11.

Try to right click on the video take, enable 'reduce interlace flicker', change to 'disable resample', and in the 'media' options in this same screen, change to the field order that you want. See if it get you a better look.

Edit: also, make sure the "deinterlace method" on project properties is "blend fields".

Last edited:
One thing you can do is while you are editing just make sure your editor knows that you are editing interlaced footage by changing some setting, I don't know what editor you are using but I'm sure there is a setting that tells the editor what kind of footage you are using. It is probably rendering the previews as if it were progressive footage, so that's why you are getting the combing lines. Then when you export your final cut you should have the option to deinterlace somewhere in your export options.

Back