software new Get it while you can...

A few years back, I was involved with producing a four part documentary series. We decided to do a run of both DVDs and BluRays. In order to get them replicated, we spent $500 on a piece of software called BluStreak Tracer. It's Mac only, but it let us convert a BDMV disc image to BDCMF which is what Discmakers required.

As I'm finishing up my movie (Leap: A Tale of the Last Days), I've been thinking about doing a limited physical media run and see how that sells. I couldn't for the life of me remember the name of the software that makes BDCMF files, but after three hours of digging, I finally found it, and guess what? It's now FREE!

Apparently, due to declining demand, the author has just released it as is, with no support here: http://rivergatesoftware.com/

I have no affiliation with them, but I have used the product and it did the job. I don't recall needing support for it five years ago, so I think it's a great way to go! I'm not sure how much longer the author will keep the site up, so I wanted to share it here. Even if you're on Windows, I'm sure you know somebody with a Mac that could help you do the conversion if you're needing it, so I'd still download it anyway. I'm currently editing on Windows, but I have a M2 MacBook Air that will run the program just fine. I also just checked and there is documentation.

Just wanted to through this out there for others looking to do physical media.

Last edited:
Back