• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Get an app made to boost marketing!

Hi all-
Just wanted to share a cool and pretty inexpensive way to market your film...Get an app made and make it free for all devices! I Recently worked on making an app for an indie film "Exit 727", and since it's free release on iTunes, google play and other stores, I've watched the film grow quite a bit. When the producers came to me they said the biggest complaint from fans was there wasn't a "one stop shop" for all things related to the film. Their film had released on iTunes and other stores, but they needed a way to really engage their fans. Sure they have twitter, Facebook, etc., but all the content (trailers, pics, music, links, etc.) can't be conveyed threw any one platform.....hence they came to me to build an app. It wasn't anything crazy; trailers, links to the film, free music to listen to, photos, etc., but it seems to be working!

Let me know what you all think of this strategy....Comments, Opinions and suggestions welcomed! if you want to check out the app, its Exit 727 in your app store. Or you can get the link at www.Exit727.com.

Cheers,
-Shane

I like it! I'm thinking it might also be very useful to release a simple (but fun) game app that somehow ties to your movie (but of course has a link to the trailer). I think I shall try this!

At first blush, this seems ingenuous (and quite possibly subversive) as a pointed, information portal. I'll download the app and check it out.

I like it the idea, well done.

Back