• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch For uni

Hey all,

I thought I'd make my videos for uni look a little more professional, so I made an ident-y thing for the start of my videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JOTzx91LyM

What do you guys think? It's simple and wasn't very hard to do.

:cheers:

JP

Last edited:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JOTzx91LyM

Only put the bolded part between the YT tags :)

I like the concept, it looks clean and nice. IMO, though you should make it like 4-5 seconds shorter. Oh, and I'd maybe put it at the end of your videos. A lot of people have this thing about short films etc having stuff like this before them...

Only the bold part? THAT'S WHERE I'VE BEEN GOING WRONG! No wonder I thought i broke the embedder :(

5 seconds shorter? I'll have a play with it later :) I was thinking an end placement actually as I've been watching some shorts and they don't include them at the beginning, if they include the idents.

Is it a readable barcode? And if so for what?

I've got a friend who tattooed the barcode for spam on the inside of her lip... people can be weird (and I love them for it.)

Well, it isn't readable. I made a 3 word phrase with the numbers by using a standard mobile phone key pad. (How my mind works at 3 in the morning by the way) Just a little easter egg that not many people will think about hah.

Barcode for spam? THATS ACE! =D

The one i have is just like agent 47's barcode in hitman xD (Same code and placement)

Is it just me or does it look slightly off center? To me it looks like its a tad too far right, but I could very easily be wrong.

I do like the concept though. It does look good and clean..

And agent 47 was awesome!!

I'd move the secure society so it forms up below the barcode; not straddling it.

Use monotype spacing (and a computer-y font like Lucida or Quicktype Mono), and don't break the two words up - just mono spacing all through. Dump the ironic bunny-quotes; we get it.

Yeah :cool:

Good point about the font.

If you can even design one so it (readably) looks like those numbers on the bottom of a check, that could look cool, too.

Back