• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Follow That Dream - Short

It's not about following dreams, it's more about confusion really. There is an issue with the audio. One of them you can't really hear perfectly. Lot's of other issues too. Hope it's enjoyable for most.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrZwLpEt3NQ

Aveek

Awesome work! I really liked the concept, and it was executed well through great acting, sound, and cinematography. Awesome job on the green screen as well, very convincing :)

Best I've seen from you so far.

Thanks for watching. Thanks for the comments too. Much appreciated.

Learned quite a bit on this one. Hopefully the knowledge comes in handy.

Thanks for watching. Thanks for the comments too. Much appreciated.

Learned quite a bit on this one. Hopefully the knowledge comes in handy.

It was OK and decent enough for an early short. Out in the real world, it's a bit dull but good acting with subtle nuances, decent directing, decentish green screen - could be improved in a couple of areas.

Decent concept.

I think it needs to have a quicker cut. Maybe a one minute 30 cut would've been better.

It's not about following dreams, it's more about confusion really. There is an issue with the audio. One of them you can't really hear perfectly. Lot's of other issues too. Hope it's enjoyable for most.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrZwLpEt3NQ

Aveek

This is pretty funny. Nice story.

It was OK and decent enough for an early short. Out in the real world, it's a bit dull but good acting with subtle nuances, decent directing, decentish green screen - could be improved in a couple of areas.

Decent concept.

I think it needs to have a quicker cut. Maybe a one minute 30 cut would've been better.

I'm sure you meant everything in a good way, and I'm not taking any offense :). I am a long way from the real world, that's for sure. But I tend to make the kind of things I like. A faster cut is not for everybody, and it's not for me, maybe it's for you. I like slow paced stories sometimes. Also, in the real world, sometimes these conversations happen over days.

Thanks for watching :)

This is pretty funny. Nice story.

Thanks Oli. Glad you liked it. :)

For an experiment in lighting and green screen, it was a success. Some thoughts from the peanut gallery: Would like to see the interior lights match the exterior motion, with street lights passing and headlights changing on their faces. Also movement of the car, a jostle here, a bump there, would have added a bit more realism. And some car sound FX and a few more camera angles, too. Would have been fun if he had some music on the radio that he turns down halfway through.

That's my laundry list for your next endeavor! :) Good to see you shooting again.

For an experiment in lighting and green screen, it was a success. Some thoughts from the peanut gallery: Would like to see the interior lights match the exterior motion, with street lights passing and headlights changing on their faces. Also movement of the car, a jostle here, a bump there, would have added a bit more realism. And some car sound FX and a few more camera angles, too. Would have been fun if he had some music on the radio that he turns down halfway through.

That's my laundry list for your next endeavor! :) Good to see you shooting again.

Hey Jeff, thanks for watching man :).

I could write you up a list of all the things that I would have changed, but that's for the next shoot.

I did add car sound. I can hear it on my speakers. I lowered the moving car sound to make sure the spoken parts were clear, but I didn't realize it was that low. Anyway, next time I might make a few people watch and listen to the film before publishing.

Also, this was no true exercise in green screen. I took down a lot of lights to the parking lot, but then got scared of tripping the circuit, so only used up to 1500W of lighting. If you look closely, the green screen isn't even lit. I decided I couldn't afford to use any light on the screen as my actors looked too dark, 3 floors below ground with no ambient sunlight. So this was an exercise in "not enough light" productions.

Best,
Aveek

Back