Flip Ultra HD

I posted here a while back about what kind of camera I might want, and at first I seemed adamant that I did not want to use the Flip HD cameras because of the concerns I had. I've changed my mind, after talking to my uncle, who uses it to shoot underwater whenever he goes scuba diving. He got some great quality video of the coral reefs that he shot in the Florida Keys with the plastic case that protects it. I've decided to get one as a starter, particularly the Ultra HD with 2 hour battery, plus accessories.

I'm also going to get the Final Cut Express, since I have a Mac, but I know that whatever I shoot has to be converted first (I think because of the USB connection) before it can be imported into the editing software, unless there is any software that I don't know about that can help you bypass that step. Overall, the price is great, and with the extra accessories (case, tripod mount and extra battery) plus the Final Cut software, I calculated it at B&H Photo and Video, and it totals just over $320 or so. I don't have the exact amount, but it's less than I would have gotten for the single Panasonic camera I was thinking about buying. I think that this will be a good starter camera for me.

Yes, miniDV is very compatible with Mac. For many years, that is what everybody was using. Everybody. For many years. Yes, it is compatible.

Ah, well, anyway, have fun with whichever camera you choose. Cheers!

Back