Fiverr

Wow. I didn't know about this until thanks to Welsh_Gambit.

Fiverr

Hmmm. Looks like a way for actors to get a little work, for one thing.

Mdlasky

Holy cr--. I think I love this. I like his acting gig. "I will record a video up to 60 WORDS as a comedic JESUS lounging on my heavenly couch, sipping my divine wine, saying ANYTHING� you want!"

Excellaaant. Migh have to try that.

Oh baby.

I don't mean to promote Fiverr, or to not promote Fiverr, or to recommend it, or to not recommend it. WG had a positive experience with it. Anyone else have experience with, or an opinion about it?

=)

Last edited:
hey dude, thanks for the mention!! I think the key with fiverr (as with anything like this) is you need to dig a little deeper to see if the person is right for you.

This is a cheeky plug but if you check out my two teasers I got made (youtube neb wars) Voice over & score both done for a fiver each on each trailer which I don't think was bad at all!!

I've got a girl off there working on writing and performing a theme tune for the movie for $20 too, ill let you know how that turns out

I also recently discovered the site. Haven't actually purchased anything yet, but there seems to be at least certain portions of it that are very fun and creative. And for five bucks, it's like, why not, right?

yep, it does get quite addictive tho. but like you said for $5 it's worth a go. I think it works out as £3.30 over here and in most places you can't get a pint of beer for that nowadays

I have used fiverr extensively for some hundred gigs.
The worker quality indeed is mixed. For some jobs you have to call 10 workers
to find one actually responding and competent. Especially the programming field can be considered
very bad quality.
Had some bad experience with people selling work they didnt own (3d modelling),
but also there where very nice people doing hard and quality work in the area of footage production,
voice over, storyboard, matte painting, translation.

I would like to see a specialized platform like this for our business.

I would like to see a specialized platform like this for our business.

That seems like a great idea.

I mean, for a 5 buck purchase from someone like Mdlasky to make a short for your gf/bf, or for whomever, for some cute fun, or whatever, it wouldn't matter. But one of the first questions that popped into my head was, okay, so what about copyright, who owns it? So, you folks who have hired services from talent on Fiverr, how did you negotiate that? Were you able to get signed contracts from the talent, or something like that?

The soundtrack gig has a contact/release but seen as the teasers were just a bit of fun the voice overs/sound fx people use it for their body of work and I'm listed as writer/director so it's not too bad. I don't know how it really works I'm sure one heard somewhere that of you pay for the work you have the copyright? best to get contracts if you're taking it seriously.

In regards to the fiverr site. I think it would be awesome. Image getting quality VFX, editing and folly for a fiver each. bonkers!

So, you folks who have hired services from talent on Fiverr, how did you negotiate that? Were you able to get signed contracts from the talent, or something like that?

Yes, most of them will sign a clearance for the material/performance. Also the fiverr contract itself talks about WorkForHire.

Last edited:
Actually it is not limited to 5 USD, quality workers will ask you to order multiple gigs.

Yeah, that's understandable. I did mention above that the person doing the theme tune is charging $20 or 'four gigs' if you go that way

It could be an interesting experiment to see if it's worth it or not. You could shoot a scene. Doing pre/post done in a traditional way and the other using fiverr for key areas. compare cost & quality between the fiverr influenced scene and the traditional one.

That's cool! So, you hired her to write and sing that? Did she make all of the music? Could you describe the project? Thanks for sharing. =)

Yeah she did it all. I basically messaged her saying I needed a soundtrack for my movie Neb Wars: Attack of the Gingers. I gave her links to what we've made so far and a rough idea about the project saying we were looking for a spoof intro to a James Bond film and take inspiration from the man with the golden gun theme tune...she did the rest :D

yeah, life can be like that. I've got quite a nice job working nights doing retail security so that tends to be the time I use for writing etc inbetween catching the occasional shoplifter that is :D

Back