• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch First music video shot on Canon 5D

Hey guys,

So I just recently purchased a 5D and I'm just starting to get the hang of it. I shot this video over about half a day mainly as a trial run so I could see how to use it in a real shoot so to speak. The video wasn't planned out we just shot as we went along. The band's an Aussie hip hop duo called Justice and Kaos. I used both a Canon EF 50mm 1.4 and a Canon 16-35mm L.

It was a great learning experience. Only problem I had on the day was my cf card chucked a fit and I lost about 2 hours of footage that we didn't have time to reshoot so I felt a little limited during the edit.

So yeah, any feedback would be great. Just please be nice as I'm just starting out with this camera

Below is the link, and of course make sure you watch it in HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz_RCAfZwpU

Thanks,
Simon

Hey guys,

So I just recently purchased a 5D and I'm just starting to get the hang of it. I shot this video over about half a day mainly as a trial run so I could see how to use it in a real shoot so to speak. The video wasn't planned out we just shot as we went along. The band's an Aussie hip hop duo called Justice and Kaos. I used both a Canon EF 50mm 1.4 and a Canon 16-35mm L.

It was a great learning experience. Only problem I had on the day was my cf card chucked a fit and I lost about 2 hours of footage that we didn't have time to reshoot so I felt a little limited during the edit.

So yeah, any feedback would be great. Just please be nice as I'm just starting out with this camera

Below is the link, and of course make sure you watch it in HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz_RCAfZwpU

Thanks,
Simon

Great job, Simon.

If you still had 2 hours of unused footage, you shot way too much. That's why planning these things out beforehand is truly important, even if there is a lot of improv. What's your next project?

By the way, some of the older folks, like me, have a message:

Angus! Angus! ;)

Back