• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

First Assembly Edit Completed.

I'm back.

I've been laying low, planning my post production workflow, and basically getting my ducks in a row.

Last night, I finished the first assembly edit of my film. It's too long, clunky and lacks any refinement, yet I'm happy with where things stand. It's very encouraging to see everything come together like this.

I also received a whole bunch of behind-the-scenes photos. I was astonished to see how 'little' our production looks. Although we were just a quaint bare-bones production, it felt much bigger at the time. That's what you get when you shoot low-budget with a million-dollar crew. :)

I'll be sharing more in the coming weeks.

Thomas

Hi Bob.

I took great pains to avoid the equipment arms race and keep what's in front of the camera looking better than behind.

In my profession, I know that simply buying a computer doesn't make you a VFX artist. As a result, handling my own sound recording was never even on the radar. I did my homework, got a number of recommendations and then interviewed my picks.

Currently, I'm stalking a well known sound editor I know from way back.

Thanks for the offer Joseph, but part of my journey involves my doing the edit myself. I'm pretty pleased that the 24 minute assembly trimmed down to a much easier 16 minutes. Next week, I'll be refining and then handing shots over to visual effects.

Thanks for the offer Joseph, but part of my journey involves my doing the edit myself. I'm pretty pleased that the 24 minute assembly trimmed down to a much easier 16 minutes. Next week, I'll be refining and then handing shots over to visual effects.

Visual effects! Cool, well now I wanna see it even more. And of course I completely understand your reasoning on wanting to cut it yourself. Cheers! :)

Back