Finding Gigs

Hey guys I recently have looked up ways to make money with filmmaking. A lot of people talked about doing music videos for bands and other small things. These all seem like doable things but the only things I don't understand is how you would find these people who need them. It's not all about money as it is experience and making connections. But money is something that we all need. So how do you find people who need filmmaking services.

Fwilly-

Here are some quick ideas:
- Consider working for another videographer to learn the ropes of marketable video.
- Hang out, if you're old enough, at bars or venues where new bands are getting started. Offer your services.
- Don't be afraid to build a resume of projects before your bank account (if possible). You need samples to show and experience describing your work and what's in it for *them.*
- Word of mouth is hugely valuable, so be ready to take the time and effort to build up quality work that requires.
- Go by poptent.com/creativenetwork and check not only the assignments, but what has won in the past. Try a few assignments, they may not take long to produce, and you'll learn a lot by comparing yours to what won.
- Craigslist.
- Brainstorm; if folks in your area teach something (yoga, horse riding, etc..), they might like to pay you a little to produce a teaching video. Where do *they* hang out? Got an email or hardcopy flyer to send them?

Good luck, and have fun!

There is a music program in my city that has open mic every week and a big battle of the bands I used to do. Besides the really good bands that wouldn't want someone like are young bands that wouldn't want to pay money and if they did it would Be there parents money. I have thought of asking local videographers but I don't have my license yet and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want to drive around a highschool underclass men. But I will start asking around.

Back