• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Finally started writing :)

I've finally started writing a screenplay for a short (:
I've only done the beginning and I'm looking for feedback
It's here
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BwXYcX_H8EXqZDljYjJjYmUtMTNmOC00OGFhLWEzNzgtZmI4N2U0NzVkMDNi&hl=en
And you can download it.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers :D

EDIT : In case people don't wanna download it.
But it is quite a bit.

Dramatis Personae
Dr. Henry Sheppard - A prison psychologist
Jonathan 'Jack' Barnes - A serial killer.

The short is set in a single room, it is small and has only two chairs, they are separated by a table. JACK is sat in the chair farthest from the door and is bound to his chair. HENRY enters the room and sits down, not making eye contact with JACK.

Henry

Your sins have finally found you out. In seven days you will eat your last meal and you will breathe your last breath.
What it's like knowing the exact minute you will die? How does it feel? What is it like to be you?

JACK

You want to know what it's like to be me?
I can tell tell you how to be me. It's not difficult; we're not that different.

henry

You're wrong. We are different. You're a monster.

JACK

'Monster' is such an ugly word. Do you not have a "professional" way to describe me?

HENRY

Sociopath. Killer. Those are the first that enter my mind.

Jack

But you don't what it's like to BE a killer. I can show you.

HENRY

No. That's not what I want. I want to know how you feel, knowing you are finally going to die.

Jack

We are all going to die. It's simply that I am going to die sooner than I'd have hoped.

HENRY

You still haven't answered my question.

JACK

I know. I have much more interesting things to tell you than simply how I feel now I'm going to die. I'm going to tell you much more. I'm going to tell you what it's like to kill

Pause

JACK (cont.)

You haven't looked me in the eyes since you got here. Are you scared of me?

HENRY

No.

JACK

Prove it. Come up to me.

HENRY gets up and move towards JACK. As he gets close to him, JACK thrashes violently in the chair in order to frighten HENRY.

JACK

So, you are scared. We need to fix that.

HENRY moves slowly, back to his chair and sits down.

JACK

Are you always scared?

HENRY

It's difficult not to be scared when you have a job like mine. Talking to psychopaths leaves a mark.

JACK

Fear is a sign of weakness. I remember the girls. They were always scared when I took them home with me. There was a time when they weren't scared of course.

HENRY

When you killed them.

JACK

Is that a question?

HENRY

No.

JACK

Why is it you aren't asking me questions? That's what you were sent here to do.

HEnry

I am asking you questions. You just aren't answering them.

JACK

Because your questions are of no relevance.

HENRY

You're wrong. The questions I asked were relevant, they're why I was sent down here.

JACK

Why did you agree to come down? If you're so scared of 'psychopaths' like me?

Last edited:
Back