Final Cut on 2.66 Macbook Pro

Hey everybody, last year I purchased a 2.66 GHz unibody Macbook pro, and I want to start doing my video editing on it since I already use it for everything else. I have used Sony Vegas until now, and find it to be a pretty decent editor, but I would really rather be able to do it all on my laptop.

So my question is this, will Final Cut run smoothly on this computer? I tried the demo of adobe premier a few months ago, and HD footage from my HV-20 was really choppy to edit with, and not at all smooth looking in the preview window. From what I've heard Final Cut should run much smoother, but I was hoping someone on here might be able to tell me for sure on if this will work, Vegas will run a really smooth preview even with hd footage and without any pre-rendering.

Oh, and here is the full specs for the laptop.

2.66 Ghz
4gb DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB + NVIDIA GeForce 9600M 256 MB

Thanks for any help, and to be clear, I understand that it will technically run on this computer, based on system requirements, I'm just wondering if it will run well.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I'm speaking of Final Cut Pro, not Final Cut Express.

Last edited:
Back