Films that went horribly wrong

Yeah, that Vic Morrow one is hard to top. Kids, too. :/

I'm amazed this one didn't make the list, though. It's friggin' terrifying:

Noah's Ark (1928)

During the filming of the climactic flood scene, the great volume of water used was so overwhelming (600.000 gallons) that three extras drowned, one was so badly injured that his leg needed to be amputated, and a number suffered broken limbs and other serious injuries, which led to implementation of stunt safety regulations the following year.[3] Dolores Costello caught a severe case of pneumonia. 35 ambulances attended the wounded. [4]

John Wayne and Andy Devine were among the hundreds of extras in the flood scene.

Just in time for your thread, too :eek:

One Man Dead, Two Others Injured After Accident on the Set of Martin Scorsese's New Film Silence

Keep your sets safe, people, indiefilms or not! :angry:

Seems this headline is click-bait, dirty, lying click -bait.

An existing structure on the CMPC backlot had been deemed unsafe by the production, and accordingly a 3rd-party contractor was hired to reinforce and make it safe prior to any production-related work commencing in this building. Sadly, during this process, the ceiling collapsed, resulting in the death of one of the contractor's employees and injuries to two others."

It was not part of the set - it was deemed unsafe to use for a set.

A 3rd party contractor was hired to make a dangerous building safe, and the dangerous building hurt them :(

This had nothing to do with film production. Not a single person associated with the film was on site.
Certainly not going to get nearly as many views if they were truthful - One man dead, two injured after accident at construction site.

Sure, the headline is dodgy; not a fan of those myself. Copy/pasted it verbatim.

Regardless, people either died or were injured trying to fix up a film set, on a film studio lot, requested by a film production? There'll be legal and libility issues to figure out; who hired the contractors, who's actually paying for them, insurance juggling, who has deepest pockets, etc. It will affect the production in many ways.

My thing is to get more indie filmmakers to recognise safety issues of any kind - 'cos it ain't always about what you're lookin' at through the lens. (It blows my mind that so many can be so cavalier about gun safety, for example).

Meh, how's this for a de-clickbaited headline: Poolboy Needed Waterwings

Absolutely people should be careful. Do not be reckless.
Take all possible precautions and have intelligent people on set with you!

But at the end of the day, risks are part of the business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tCiEorg8RM

The circus people risk their lives every single day.

Two died in a plane crash returning from the set of the new edge of tomorrow director/tom cruise film

Stunt woman now in a coma after a motorcycle scene went wrong in the latest resident evil film.
Camera arm malfunctioned and hit her in the head.

Stunt woman now in a coma after a motorcycle scene went wrong in the latest resident evil film.
Camera arm malfunctioned and hit her in the head.

3C378DD700000578-4130008-image-a-11_1484694571801.jpg

Oh god this poor woman
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4130008/Resident-Evil-stunt-woman-reveals-twisted-crash.html

'This is the twisted upper body I'm left with from my accident.
'Scew spine, off-centered neck (the most painful part), twisted shoulder blade, permanently dislocated shoulder, 1 arm, muscle atrophy on the left hand side of my core and plenty more other treats,' she wrote, captioning the image

3C378DE700000578-4130008-image-m-2_1484694314181.jpg

She spent 17 days in an induced coma and now spends an hour a day in physiotherapy trying to get her 'back and chest working'

3C378DF500000578-4130008-image-m-7_1484694458199.jpg

Another crew member died after being crushed by a hummer while filming the movie.
Ricardo Cornelius, a South African native, was pinned to a wall by the US Army issue vehicle when it tipped over as it was being moved from a rotating platform.

You know what really pisses me off.. the editing in that movie was so awful i couldn't even watch it. Someone died another persons life was tragically altered and the movie isn't even watchable.

It's a good thing most film set's insurance is high. That's the least you can do for an unfortunate incident or death.

It's a good thing most film set's insurance is high. That's the least you can do for an unfortunate incident or death.

If I die on a film set I'm not going to give a damn one way or the other if they had insurance. Because I'm dead.

Back